- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Introduction To Class
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Introduction – Holy Spirit
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Holy Spirit Part Two
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Three – In The Beginning… Grace!
- Amazing Grace Bible CLass – Lesson Four – Dealing With Extremes
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Five – Saved By Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Six – Vertical And Horizontal
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Seven – Jesus Christ The Believer’s Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Eight – Secure In Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Nine – Romans
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Ten “Now That We’re Saved” (Hebrews)
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Eleven – “Now That I’m Saved” Ist John
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Twelve – Romans 16, 15, 14.
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Thirteen – “Grow In Grace”
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Fourteen – “Giving Grace”
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Fifteen – Forgiving Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Sixteen – Sufficient Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Seventeen – Objections To Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – I Just Don’t Agree With You On That
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Nineteen – Grace And Galatians
* Paul had a problem. Don’t know what it is. Many have debated on ‘what’ his
“thorn in the flesh” was, but PAUL LIVED WITH IT! So, let us not think of Paul
as a ‘spiritual Superman’… s/one above suffering, because he wasn’t. Paul
finally cries out, “Why me Lord?””Why this?” Sounds very much like us!!!
* 2 Corinthians 12:7-12
* God’s answer “TAKE MY GRACE AND WAIT”
* No one has the total answer to the “Why?” of hard times/suffering/trials….
But the believer has an advantage… those in Christ can stand in God’s grace and
wait till the answer comes.
* Paul = not first nor last to: (a) wonder in his hurt, (b) crey out to god in
his pain, (c) release himself fully to the grace of God.
* James 1:3; Romans 5:4; Heb. 12:11
* Four basic reasons for why we suffer. Time will tell which applies to your
situation. All come from God’s GRACE not God’s ANGER. All are designed for our
good.. perfecting… growth of our lives in Christ.
1. GRACE IS SUFFICIENT IN SUFFERING TO TEST OUR FAITH
A. A faith untested is a disciple in prospect – UNTESTED and UNPROVEN.
B. Students=tested w/EXAMINATION. Bridges=tested w/WEIGHT/STRESS
C. I Peter 4:12-13
D. The test is not to show the strength of the bridge or the knowledge of the
student… but to reveal the flaws (so corrections can be made).
E. Being a disciple doesn’t make one immune to suffering… it guarantees GRACE
and the WORKING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT THROUGH THE PROCESS.
F. “My grace is sufficient for you” and this is regardless of the situation – YOU ARE
G. I Peter 1:7
2. GRACE IS SUFFICIENT FOR DISCIPLING US
A. Discipline IS NOT PUNISHMENT
1.) Discipline=for a son -Punishment=for a criminal
2.) Discipline- has hope and help in correction – Punishment has hurt and shame.
3.) Love is the basis for DISCIPLINE where JUSTICE OR VENGEANCE is the
basis for punishment.
B. When we obey our parents we HONOR them (Ephesians 6:1-2), when they
DISCIPLINE us we REVERENCE (respect) them (Hebrews12:9).
C. The CMMDHT concept = cheap, abuse of grace. No growth takes place here.
D. Grace enables, allows discipline and growth.
3. GRACE IS SUFFICIENT IN TRIALS AND SUFFERING TO HUMBLE US
A. James 4:6,7, 10.
B. “We tend to grow in our own conceit. We become “big people” and begin to feel
our own ‘clout’. With our Master Card we can buy anything, go anywhere. We plan
to live anywhere and build bigger barns. The Proverb, “Pride goes before a fall” is
C. You cannot fill what is full nor teach someone who thinks they know it all.
D. God cannot lift the one who considers him/herself in this manner.
E. Humbling yourself is better than God humbling you!
4. GRACE IS SUFFICIENT TO WORKOUT GOD’S WILL IN YOUR LIFE
A. Discovering God’s will for your life truly takes humility and time… not bargaining
B. Story of Joseph Genesis 37,39-45:5; 50 Joseph’s life of ups and downs….
Grace is sufficient for the Christian who like Joseph goes through trials and
suffering… ups and downs. His grace is sufficient especially when God’s plan is
not clear. Sometimes, God’s grace is all we have…but in the end… it is enough
for the journey.
1 Peter 5:10 “And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in
Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and
make you strong, firm and steadfast.”
Heaven bound by grace!!!!