- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Introduction To Class
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Introduction – Holy Spirit
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Holy Spirit Part Two
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Three – In The Beginning… Grace!
- Amazing Grace Bible CLass – Lesson Four – Dealing With Extremes
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Five – Saved By Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Six – Vertical And Horizontal
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Seven – Jesus Christ The Believer’s Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Eight – Secure In Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Nine – Romans
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Ten “Now That We’re Saved” (Hebrews)
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Eleven – “Now That I’m Saved” Ist John
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Twelve – Romans 16, 15, 14.
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Thirteen – “Grow In Grace”
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Fourteen – “Giving Grace”
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Fifteen – Forgiving Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Sixteen – Sufficient Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Seventeen – Objections To Grace
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – I Just Don’t Agree With You On That
- Amazing Grace Bible Class – Lesson Nineteen – Grace And Galatians
(For personal study – ‘Grace in the Parables’ – Study Matthew 20:1-16)
Introduction to class material:
Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God (CHOSE) created…”
(cf. John 1:1-5; Colossians 1:16-17)
Genesis 3 In the beginning Man (CHOSE) to sin…
What Grace means to me = (Class Discussion)
2 Timothy 1:9”…This grace was planned/purposed in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time.”
Titus 1:2 “in the hope of eternal life, which God… promised before the beginning of time.”
(CHART FROM “REDEEMED”)
God’s plan to save man … ALL BEFORE TIME BEGAN!
Paul was absolutely ‘flabbergasted’ – “I am amazed” “WOW! You broke the record!” Galatians 1:6-7
(cf. Jude 4; Ephesians 3:5-11).
First prophecy – Genesis 3:15
Noah – Genesis 6:5-8 “The LORD saw…how great the wickedness…” “The LORD regretted that he had made human beings …His heart was deeply troubled.” “So the LORD said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race…for I regret that I have made them.” “But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD. (cf. Hebrews 11:7). (NOAH FOUND GRACE – BUILT AN ARK)
Abraham – Genesis 12:1-3 (7 Promises); Hebrews 11:8-9 By faith … obeyed…went…made his home..” (ABRAHAM FOUND GRACE – OBEYED).
1. Abraham – Grace – Credit (Galatians)
A. Galatians 3:6-9
B. Galatians 3:13-29
2. Abraham – Grace – Credit (Romans)
A. Part of the ‘Roman Road’ (Four Chairs)
1.) Gentiles LOST (under Moral law) (Romans 1)
2.) Jews LOST (under Mosaical Law) (Romans 2) (Chair #1)
3.) Conclussion – ALL ARE LOST UNDER LAW (Romans 3) (cf. 3:20, 23, 24-30)
4.) (Chair #2) Justified (Even though Christians still sin periodically and have
find themselves unable to stop sinning on a permanent basis, GOD HAS
DECLARED US RIGHTEOUS because of the blood of Christ…
a.) Go through Romans 4 (ABRAHAM – Merit vs. Credit) Summary verse = 16
b.) Children of LAW or PROMISE??? “Amazing law, how sweet the sound?”
c.) Galatians 3:19 “Why, then, was the law given at all? It was added because
of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come…”
d.) From the beginning…. Grace (Ephesians 2:8-10)
5.) “Let it be known to everyone. Wake up the neighbors, send it in a letter by
mail, broadcast it over the airwaves, carry the message to the far corners of
the earth. Go ‘tell it on the mountains’, in the valleys, and even to the small
islands of the sea: GOD HAS A PLAN TO SAVE MAN BY HIS GRACE. It is
not a formula man has concocted – it is not a scheme that man has devised.
It is TOTALLY OF GOD, and if affected, will be done so BY HIS GRACE, not
by law, not by works. This is the gracious God of the Old Testament. This is
the God of Adam, Noah, Abraham, David and Jonah. This is the plan of
salvation for man – the one that was in the beginning in the mind of God, and
has not changed through the ages of time.”
3. Paul is amazed!!! “Another Gospel”? (R U Crazy?!!) (Class Discussion)
A. Galatians 1:8
1.) What is the Gospel of grace?
2.) What is meant by “contend earnestly for the faith…” Jude 4
3.) What is the difference (if any) between “the gospel” and “the faith”?
4.) How can it (Gospel of grace) be changed? (Improved on?)
5.) What is the problem with adding to GRACE… things from the Law?
6.) What does it mean “accursed” “condemned”?
4. “From the beginning it has not been this way…”
A. In the beginning (there was) Grace…
1.) Just ask Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses…Israel during period
of the Judges…
2.) Grace during the time of the prophets (Samuel, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel,
B. “And the Word became flesh…” “Full of grace and truth…”
C. Ask Paul about grace… I Timothy 1:12-17 I AM THE WORST OF SINNERS.
1.) Thought question: How does Paul’s statement help you? How big was God’s
grace to Paul?
2.) How big is grace to you?