- “Modifying The Pattern” – Modern Compared To First Century
- Modifying The Pattern – Balance On ‘Change’
- Modifying The Pattern – “Managing Change”
- Modifying The Pattern – “Nothing Takes The Place Of Unity”
Dad was very concerned for the church, the body of Christ. Praying for unity, peace, growth in grace and love… Dealing with ‘change’ without being labelled a “change agent”, is difficult. Sometimes unavoidable. This material is being made available to help leaders in dealing with “Change” in a way which is in keeping with the ‘story of the Bible’ and the instruction of Paul, “Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:2).
This expanded outline is part of dad’s study which he prepared for his Three Unusual Days Ministry…
1. Change should be: BASED ON ENLIGHTENMENT and GROWTH SPIRITUALLY
A. Any time a church family deals with ‘change’, the leadership must
1.) Educate the people
2.) Discuss and communicate with the people
3.) Teach the people
4.) Be available to the people
2. Change should be: GRADED AND GRADUAL
A. No ‘next Sunday surprises’
B. Take time needed for the things mentioned above.
C. Consider the congregation’s present ‘comfort zone’
1.) ‘Change’ is not easy
3. Change should be: DIRECTIONAL – INTENTIONAL – WITH GOALS IN MIND
A. No hidden agenda allowed
B. Present a clear picture of WHERE YOU ARE GOING.
4. Change should be: WHAT IS BEST FOR YOUR CONGREGATION.
A. Open your minds to options/ compromise
5. Change should be: GOVERNED BY BIBLICAL PRINCIPLES
A. Each congregation is independent
B. What is BIBLICAL, UN-BIBLICAL, NON-BIBLICAL and ANTI-BIBLICAL.
6. Change should be: COMMUNICATED WELL (before, during and after)
A. NO “Politics” “Undermining leaders over the phone
B. When this surfaces…. DEAL WITH IT QUICKLY AND DECISIVELY
7. Change should be: WITHOUT A FEAR ELEMENT
A. Deal with change openly and in the right way, so as to get rid of ‘fear’.
B. Cries of “It is un-scriptural” must be dealt with properly.
8. Change should be: DONE IN A WAY WHICH PROMOTES
9. Change should be: IN THE SPIRIT OF SENSITIVITY AND CARE FOR ALL.
10. Changer should be: WITH ALL IN MIND
A. The “Old guard”
B. The “baby-boomers”
C. The “baby busters”
D. The “young and unmarried”
E. The “teens”
F. The “kids”
*** MEETING SOME OF ALL NEEDS – is wise.
*** KEEP THIS IMPORTANT THING IN MIND… Nothing takes the place of unity….