Text: John 3:14-21
* All through Scriptures we are impressed with the lengths that God has gone to in-order-to benefit and save mankind. It is truly hard to imagine what more He could do.
* Paul said, “You see just at the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:6-8
* John concludes the little “sit down” with Nicodemus with this OT comparison…
“Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, 15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in Him.”
1. Read Numbers 21:4-9. Summarize the story. ______________________________________________________________________
2. God could have just healed the people who were bitten. What is the point of making a snake and putting it on a pole? ______________________________________________________________________
3. Does this make “healing” too easily obtained?
4. In John 1:12; 3:14, 16, 18a, and negatively in verse 18b “belief” is what is required live spiritually! What is the problem that the author is dealing with in his readers? ______________________________________________________________________
5. What do you say to someone who says, “If God SO LOVES us, then where was God when my son/ daughter/best friend died?” “… when I was being abused?” “Why bad things happen/good people!?” ______________________________________________________________________
6. Did God send His Son to this world to CONDEMN? If not then WHY? ______________________________________________________________________
7. If a person does not BELIEVE IN JESUS, what is his/her situation? What then is the starting place for those seeking life? ______________________________________________________________________
8. Why do many refuse to believe in Jesus? Vs. 19 ______________________________________________________________________
9. Why do people hate the “light?” Vs. 20 ______________________________________________________________________