- “Redeemed” – Lesson One – ADAM – Prophecy Of A Coming Savior
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Two – ABRAHAM: Promise Of A Coming Savior
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Three – The Law Of MOSES
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Four – The Cross Of CHRIST
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Five – The Simple New Testament Plan of Salvation
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Six – Saved By Grace
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Seven – “The Church – The Family Of God”
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Eight – “The Brotherhood”
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Nine – “The Holy Spirit – How He Works In The Life Of Christians Today!”
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Ten – “Be Filled With The Holy Spirit”
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Eleven – “Today Is The Day Of Your Salvation”
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Twelve – “Heaven Bound”
- “Redeemed” – Lesson Thirteen – “Gehenna” “The Final Place Of The Wicked”
- “Redeemed” – “A Personal Note From Dad”
“GEHENNA” is a Greek word which is all but GOOD! I don’t like it! I don’t like reading about it! I encourage all to avoid it (and everyone can avoid it by God’s grace). If heaven is a real place, so is hell. If heaven is NOT real, then one cannot believe in Hell. You can’t have one and not the other.
“Gehenna” came from the name of a valley outside Jerusalem, owned by Hinnom (Hebrew). Eventually this valley became a sewage dumping place (or ‘land fill’) for city refuse. It burned day and night, worms and maggots devoured the rotting flesh of animals and even the poor and wretched of mankind.
Jesus chose to use this word to describe the “place” for the Devil and his angels. He used the word 12 times and included those who hate their brother (Matthew 5:22). Jesus condemned the city of Capernaum and said, “And you, Capernaum, will you be lifted to the heavens? No, you will go down to Hades (Hell)(KJV). For if the miracles that were performed in you had been performed in Sodom, it would have remained to this day” (Matthew 11:23).
Jesus also said, “If your hand or your foot causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire. 9 And if your eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell” (Matthew 18:8-9).
Jesus spoke of this place as a place where the worms do not die, and fire does not go out. It is a place where there is “weeping and gnashing of teeth”. Hell is a place AWAY from the presence of God! Jesus said, “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him” (Luke 12:4-5).
Why on earth would anyone joke about “HELL.” It’s no joke, it’s not funny, and you do not want to go there… not even for a “minute.” Jesus offers joy, peace, forgiveness, grace, love, blessings, as well as HEAVEN…. Why be lost? You don’t need to be lost…